Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review 2

I really enjoyed reading Alexis's and Michaela's Quick Reference Guides. They gave me a really good idea about how different a QRG can look compared to others. They also reminded me that reviewing the credibility of your stakeholders is important. Overall, they gave me a lot of ideas on how I can improve my own QRG.

1. I learned that there are varying ways to present a controversy. Each controversy is different, which means that each controversy needs to be presented in a different way so the reader has all of the facts necessary to not only understand the problem, but form an educated opinion on the issue. Context is very important in these types of projects because you want the reader to know as much about the topic as you do after reading/watching/listening to your project. However, including all of the information and keeping it simple for a QRG is difficult.

2. I think that one of my top problem is making my QRG flow a little bit more. I was very worried about breaking up my paragraphs into smaller sections, but in doing so I lost a little bit of fluidity between my sections. I think to fix this I need to go through and re-word some things and make m QRG easier to read. My next big problem is that I need to make my QRG a little more colorful and eye catching so people actually want to read it. To do this I might add some important quotes from my stakeholders in a different font and color. Lastly, I felt that I put some graphs into random places without providing much context to it. To revise, I think I will go back and add a paragraph or at least a couple sentences explaining how each of these graphs relate to my controversy.

3. One of my strengths is adding hyperlinks throughout the article to add to my own credibility. To build on this I will go through and re-read my sections to see if there are any other possible credible articles I could link my readers to. Also, one of my strengths is formatting my QRG. I really wanted to make it as easy as possible to not only read through the QRG, but to easily understand the content as well. I felt that by sticking to smaller paragraphs and subheadings I did so. Lastly, I felt that I outlined my actual event very well, I just need to better connect it to the larger controversy surrounding it. I will do this by adding a section regarding Henry's own experiences in the public school system and why it was such a struggle for him every day.


"Maybe Yes No" via rense.com

No comments:

Post a Comment