Thursday, February 18, 2016

Local Revision: Tense Usage

In completing this blog post, I noticed that a majority of QRG is present tense. It does mainly switch from pat tense to present. I found that when I write about my big event (Henry and his struggle with school) I used past tense. When I wrote about the role of occupational therapists and the current situation, I used present tense. I used the future tense very little throughout my piece.

Joan Lunden, "Present Tense" via quotesgram.com

Past Tense
Present Tense
Future Tense
increased
wrote
affected
was
noticed
took
referred
meant
was
was
watched
understood
began
loved
became
was
excelled
suffered
loved
got
felt
took
got
knew
knew
decided
had

are
lack
are
should
need
shows
works
is
work
finding
are
affects
is
has
focus
help
learn
means
help
regain
is
are
work
helps
observe
analyze
identifies
work
work
assure
get
know
knows
are
can
cannot
are
can
include
comes
shows
represents
affects
means
assist
give
suffers
speaks
represents
struggling
voice
aren't
is
represents
claims
does
is
are
go
support
are
find
leave
would
would
would
would
must
will
need
needs
needs
need

No comments:

Post a Comment