Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Verbs

This made me very aware of how I was writing, and also made me aware of how wordy I am. Sometimes I have run-on sentences that stop making sense about halfway through. So this took FOREVER, but now I know which parts to go and change.

are
should
need
shows
increased
affects
wrote
finding
has
affected
was
noticed
took
referred
meant
work
was
was
watched
understood
began
loved
became
would
was
excelled
suffered
loved
got
felt
took
are
lack
got
knew
would
knew
would
decided
had
works
is
are
would
is
focus
help
learn
means
help
regain
is
are
work
helps
observe
analyze
identifies
must
will
work
work
assure
get
know
knows
are
can
cannot
are
can
include
comes
shows
represents
affects
means
need
assist
give
suffers
speaks
represents
struggling
voice
aren't
is
represents
claims
needs
needs
does
is
are
go
need
support
are
find
leave

are/are not: 9
is: 5
was: 4
need: 4
knew/knows: 4
work:4
represents: 3
can/cannot:3
got: 2
lack: 2
would: 4
suffer: 2
affects: 2
loved: 2
Hugh Fox III, "List of Action Verbs" via foxhugh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment