Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Interviewees as Professional Writers

Although I could not find my interviewees publications online, I still loved hearing Ivan talk about his writing. He was passionate about what he was trying to communicate through his professionals writing.

During our interview, Ivan Aranguren mentioned he has written in Spanish for a Latin publication. I could not find it online, but it was an editorial written by him regarding the accessibility of health care and Occupational Therapy for Hispanics in the community. The context surrounding of this piece is the assumption that many Hispanics believe that health care isn't affordable for them, or that they can't get it. The message of his piece was simply that health care and occupational therapy are available for this portion of the community, and they are welcome to use it. Aranguren's purpose was to get Hispanics in his community to use health care and take care of themselves.

I haven't interviewed Jenny Allen yet, but I searched online and could not find anything authored by her. She mainly focuses on treating her patients on the football team and at Campus Health at U of A, and less on publishing things of her own.
Image result for writing
Anit Louie, "20 Moment All Writing Majors Experience" 12-7-15 via theodysseyonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment