Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production Report 14a

For this production report, I will be writing my script for the 2nd body paragraph about handling new experiences.

Rough cut:

Throughout this semester, this course has pushed me into new experiences. Now I don't do too well with new experiences; they tend to give me anxiety if I don't know what exactly is going to happen. However, this class forced me to go outside my comfort zone. For the second project, I learned how to set up and conduct interviews. I learned the type of language to use in contacting professionals (and remembering that they are still people and I shouldn't be so intimidated). In addition, I learned how to dress and carry myself professionally when interviewing someone. These are all useful skills to have in the future, no matter how much anxiety I had when acquiring them. In addition, this class required me to teach myself how to use new technology. We needed to learn how to use editing software for both audio and video. This was extremely difficult for me, but hey now I know. Overall, these projects and genres forced me outside of my comfort zone into new experiences and gaining useful skills.

In terms of form, I want the audio of my video essay to be professional and well put together, and I think this is the first step to doing that. If I write out exactly what I want to say and how I want to say it, I think the production of the video aspect of it will go a lot easier.

The production of this raw material went a little easier than I expected. I was worried about how I wanted to reflect on everything I did this semester for this class, but it came more easily than I expected. The main challenge was communicating exactly what I wanted to say to my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment