Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

Seeing as this is the first project, I literally had all of the options as to my choice of genre. But after reviewing the future projects and which genres would be fit for those, I decided to commit to the Quick Reference Guide.

I am committing to the Quick Reference Guide for Project 1 for several reasons. This genre is good for outlining the most important parts of a complicated issue. In addition, it allows for the use of graphics to support the different sides of the controversy.

Next week, I am planning on organizing my argument effectively, and finding graphics and data that will support my argument. This kind of genre is also slightly more informal compared to the standard essay, so I will be trying to use a more informal tone, but while keeping it serious because I am discussing a controversy, and I want my readers to take me seriously. The purpose is to inform the readers about the controversy, and I think that an informal tone, shorter paragraphs, and graphics will keep the readers attention

I am feeling a little bit nervous about extracting the right information from my sources and organizing it effectively. I fear I will run into holes in my argument that will require more research. I also fear that my time management skills will fail me and I will end up with a lot of research and no structured argument. 

"Quick Reference Guide" via knowmoregrowmore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment